With summer vacations on in full swing, surprise your kids with a delectable chocolate cake, from celebrity chef Ranveer Brar, that is healthy too. Ragi a great source of calcium replaces refined flour in the recipe to make it a nutrient-rich dessert. Here is how you can prepare this healthy and yummy delicacy for your child at home.
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cooking time : 45 minutes
Serves : 4
1 cup Ragi Flour (nachini ka atta)
1 cup Wheat Flour (gehun ka atta)
½ cup Cocoa Powder (कोको पाउडर)
¾ cup Sugar (cheeni)
1 ½ tsp Baking Powder (बेकिंग पाउडर)
1 tsp Baking Soda (meetha soda)
2 cups Milk (doodh)
2 tsp Vanilla Essence (वनीला सुगंध)
¾ cup Melted Butter (makhan)
A pinch of Salt (namak)
For chocolate Ganache :-
200 ml Fresh cream (फ्रेश क्रीम)
200 gms Dark Chocolate, cut into small pieces (डार्क चॉकलेट)
½ cup Chocolate chips (चॉकलेट)
½ cup Almonds, Slivered (badam)
• Take a bowl and add in all the dry ingredients. Mix well.
• Pour in milk, vanilla essence and melted butter. Combine everything well, till there are no lumps in the batter. Batter should be of thick pouring consistency.
• Line a cake tin with butter paper.
• Preheat the oven to 180* Celsius.
• Pour the cake batter in the lined tin. Tap it gently to remove air bubbles.
• Bake for 35 minutes or until the knife comes out completely clean.
• De-mould the cake and let it cool down to room temperature.
• Heat fresh cream in a heavy bottom pot. Stir continuously and let it come to a boil.
• Turn off the flame and add in the chopped chocolate pieces.
• Do not mix it. Let it rest for 2-3 minutes.
• Later whisk it well. And let it cool down a little.
• Once the cake cool downs completely, take a serrated knife and cut the top portion to even out the cakes top surface.
• Pour the prepared ganache on top of the cake. Cover the entire cake with ganache.
• Garnish the cake with chocolate chips and slivered almonds.
• Let it set in the fridge for 2-3 hours and serve.