Complexity Level : Moderate
Playing Time : 10-15 minutes
- Cognitive skill development
- Attention and Focus building skills
- Comprehension and Communication skills
- Provided below (Hints to identify the names of any personality, historical place, daily life object, etc.)
How to do it
- In this quiz-like game, your child will have to guess the final answer from the hint sentences that are provided.
- These hints are divided into different categories, namely – person, place and object.
- Ask your child to pick one category from the three given categories.
- Pick up one example and begin reading out one sentence after another to your child.
- The sentences are arranged in decreasing order of difficulty.
- Using these sentences as hints, she has to answer the name of the person, place, or object that is being described.
- If she is unable to guess it even after all the sentences are read out, reveal the right answer to her.
- After she has guessed this rightly (or has been revealed by you), move on to another example.
These are best suited for 8 – 10 year old children.
Identify the Person
I am a retired cricket player; Born in Bombay, India; I am a right handed batsman and bowler; I have scored one hundred international centuries; I am the first Indian batsman to score a double century in an ODI; Bagged World cup with my team in 2011. Answer is Sachin Tendulkar
I am one of the leaders of Indian independence movement; Born & brought up Gujrat; I have studied Law & practiced as a lawyer in South Africa; I pioneered India’s handloom industry with a yarn hand-spun on a charkha; I am popularly known as Father of the Nation or Bapu; You can find my picture on the Indian currency. Correct answer is M.K. Gandhi, or Mahatma Gandhi.
I am an Italian explorer; I am a navigator who tried to explore places via sea route; I formulated plans to discover sea route to East Indies; I completed four long sea voyages for discovering route to East Indies; Name of my three ships are the Nina, the Pinta and the Santa Maria; Finally I became the discoverer of route to America. Answer is Christopher Columbus.
Identify the Place
I am a tomb with one of the finest architectures in the world; My body is of white marble; My name means Crown of Palaces; I am one of the 7 wonders of the world; I am designated as UNESCO World Heritage Site; I am situated on the bank of a popular Indian river Yamuna; Made in the loving memory of a great Mughal emperor’s wife. Answer – Taj Mahal.
I am a state situated in the north-western part of India; I am comprised of a wide desert land popularly known as the Great Indian Desert; I am a popular tourist spot; I have witnessed many royal wars & I have a history of my own; I am comprised of many historic & royal Rajput forts; My name in English means the Land of Kings. Answer – Rajasthan.
I am a country considered as one of the ancient civilizations of the world; I have rich heritage of flourishing art, culture, science, agriculture & urbanization; Alexander the Great of Greece conquered me in 332 BC; I am popularly known as the Land of Pharaoh & the Land of Pyramid; Many horror movies have been made based on my conceptual tradition of Mummy. Answer – Egypt.
Identify the Object
I am green vegetable that falls under the category of Leaf or Saag; I am mostly found in winter season; I am one of the richest sources of vitamins; When cooked with Paneer I am a healthy delicious meal to have with Roti or Paratha. Answer – Palak or Spinach.
I am flower; I am vibrant yellow in colour; I am a healthy source of food to give you vegetable oil; I follow the movement of the sun across the sky from east to west; I am the national flower of Ukraine; My name starts with light and energy ‘SUN’. Answer – Sunflower.
I am a green living object with root, stem, trunk & branches; I can be of different species or types; I am very useful & can give you material for making your household furniture; I play a significant role in moderating climate & balancing the environment; I am responsible for the most important process called Photosynthesis; I am also capable of giving you edible things like fruits. Answer – Tree.
- Appreciate your child when she is able to answer. This also gives you an idea of what category your child is most familiar with.
- Observe her attention, interest in completing the game. Observe the time taken by her to answer.
Benefits for the child
- Helps the child in vocabulary development
- Organized thinking, reasoning and analysis are outcomes of this game
Need more fun games to play with your child? Reach out to us at 9073687580